David Rowan is the founding Editor of Wired UK, the award-winning magazine that reports on technical innovations and the people and businesses that are building the future of an increasingly technology-driven society. Under David's leadership, Wired has extended its reach into apps, branded conferences and a tech consulting business.
Before his current position, David reported on technology issues for The Times and Channel 4 News; amongst some unusual briefs (literally!), the latter required him to illustrate the new iPod Video from the set of an 'adult' film!
David has also written for The Sunday Times and The Telegraph, as well as editing the Guardian's online content and commentary, writing a monthly column for GQ and Condé Nast Traveller, and commenting on technology matters on Newsnight (BBC2) and The Today Programme (BBC Radio 4).
In addition, David has curated an exhibition of British Creative Talent at the Government's Cabinet Forum Conference, and addressed TED Global and Google Zeitgeist events.
David's conference presentations look at how technology is affecting almost every sector, how apps change consumer behaviour and why social commerce is killing traditional marketing. He highlights how technology has evolved and reveals the ten trends that will change markets over the next decade.
Here’s a selection of talks from David.................
- How smart companies are innovating
- How tech will impact financial services
- How artificial intelligence can boost (not destroy) your business
- Why the world will never move this slowly again
- Lessons from the great disruptors
- How the internet of things is redefining the relationships between business and consumers
- How will emerging technologies affect insurance/ the legal industry/ motoring/ travel/ healthcare?
- Ten technologies shaping our future
- How utilities will change in the decade ahead
- The future of television
- Ten lessons I’ve learned from the world’s fastest innovators
- New business models that are redefining industries
- The future of food
- The future of insurance
- The future of energy
- The future of the customer experience”
Plus talks on customer experience; the future of the workplace; business model innovation; and everything from supply chains to legal services.
David Rowan makes an inspired choice as Business Speaker, especially at technology-themed conferences and other events, and is also a thought provoking After-dinner Speaker. To book him for your Event, contact a Prime Performers Booking Agent via the online booking enquiry form or alternatively call us on 020 7251 8222.
I wanted to thank you for your time to moderate the G8 Innovation Conference on 14 June. You set the tone for the day perfectly, engaging the audience and steering the presenters through a very full agenda. The feedback from the day has been overwhelmingly positive, which is largely due to your dynamism, good humour and professionalism. The team here and I are extremely grateful for the part you played in making the day a success and helping to put innovation on the G8 agenda.
Rt Hon David Cameron, Prime Minister.
Thank you so much for coming to Barcelona to speak to us all. The content was just right and left us inspired but also questioning about the way forward and how to approach the future with our clients. I'm sure there will be further requests for your participation by some of the markets judging by the feedback I am getting.
Lowe & Partners
Thank you so much for joining us at our European Capital Markets Conference last week in Amsterdam. We have received extremely positive feedback from our clients and CBRE staff alike and I think you presentation hit the spot in challenging our guests to think about the impact of new media and technology. I am sure the sale of iPhone’s will have increased since last week as our clients begin to understand their true power!
CB Richard Ellis
- British Scientist and Astronaut - Helen became the first Briton in space in 1991 and talks on Science, Teamwork, Motivation and pushing boundaries.
Helen Sharman OBE
- Professor of Forecasting and Innovation at De Montfort University and expert on the future of the workplace, the city, design and society.
- XS2 executive creative director Scott Seaborn expert in Mobile Marketing & Advertising Strategies